Sunday, March 11, 2012

Starting the Season Off Right!



Last night was a good night.  It was the first time the Quakes have won a home opener since they rejoined MLS in 2008.  It was long overdue, but all the sweeter because of that.

Not only was it a win, it was a Wondo goal that put us over the top.  I think this will be a good year for him - possibly even his third year as top scorer in the league?  I think it's more than possible.

It was exciting to see some of the new players show what they have to offer, and let me tell you, they do have a lot to offer.  Equally exciting was the return of some of my favorite players, Steven Lenhart and Simon Dawkins, whose return was not at all certain at the end of last season.

And I can't leave out Mr. Jon Busch, who started off the season with a clean sheet.

Overall, I am now even more excited about this season than I was before (if that's even possible!).  I know it's only the first game, but based on what I've seen so far both last night and during the preseason, I know we can go far.

COME ON YOU QUAKES!

P.S. Next week is a double-header at AT&T Park: San Jose Earthquakes v. Houston Dynamo followed by Mexico v. Senegal.  I would highly recommend making the trip to the Bay for this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment